I was a fan of Pinterest ever since you had to be invited to use the platform. (Yes this was a thing!) I spent hours in the night scrolling and scrolling. I seriously thought it was the best invention, ever! Then I got a job teaching, and I bet you can guess what happened next! Pinterest was definitely my best friend for the next 4 years. We were INSEPARABLE.
Fast forward to starting my own VA business. I couldn’t really decide what to do or how to provide my knowledge to people. I saw people specializing in Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn.. but I didn’t have a desire to. Then I remembered Pinterest and how much I loved it! I didn’t see many people who offered ‘Pinterest’ as a service. So I made it my mission to learn everything about the platform so that I can help others!
I have studied Pinterest and SEO and have worked hard to get where I am. Currently, I rank #1 in a Pinterest search for Pinterest Manager, and #2 in a Pinterest search for Pinterest strategist!
Pinterest is a very under-utilized marketing platform. It is not just a place to get recipes. Did you know that:
- 79% of Pinterest users are Female
- 88% of people have purchased a product they have pinned
- 49% have purchased 5 or more products they’ve pinned
- There are more than 300 million Pinterest users every month
When people hear the words ‘social media marketing’ they don’t usually think of Pinterest first. But, to tell you the truth, Pinterest is marketing’s best-kept secret!
This post may contain affiliate links, and while it may not cost you anything extra, if you make a purchase through any of my links, I may make a small commission. All opinions are my own. Thank you in advance for trusting me! Read more here.
What Pinterest is:
- A visual search engine
- An organic traffic-driver
- An excellent place to get ideas, tips, advice
- A place to make money
- A great place to advertise your business
- A long-term marketing ‘investment’
What Pinterest isn’t:
- A social media platform
- A quick-fix
- A marketing solution for every business (but can be for most!)